Some of the most important things seem to happen between things that are said, in the silences when people hold back and don’t continue the conversation. I was talking to someone today about this but the conversation was cut short. I wonder what will happen next time we speak to each other as I didn’t call her back. I think about:
- someone I don’t want to talk to as he seems so out of control.
- the LRB. Nothing worth saying about that. Hugely boring issue.
- a problem looking for someone to do something important and realising a possible lead, but not getting someone’s email address. So the idea stalls.
- how tired I am. Too tired to say anything.
- that I am 50 next week. Nothing to report on that.
- October, when darkening happens.
- the heat going. I love the heat.